Tuesday 4 August 2009

Coco Avant Chanel

I just saw the new Coco Before Chanel film, its beautifully done. The acting, the music, the atmosphere, and the costumes ~ oh the costumes!

Is it wrong that I want a Breton shirt, to crop my hair and smoke thin cigarettes?



Audrey Tautou is compelling, the women are beautiful in a realistic way, and the script is neat, emotional, and often funny.

I saw it at the Little Theatre Cinema, the only cinema in Bath showing it. They played the new Chanel ad before the main feature too, have you seen it?

Time for me to find a really good Chanel biography...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm just off to see this film and really looking forward to it. I love the ad...

amy said...

i am glad to hear that this was good! I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. Chanel is one of my favorites.

Yes! read a bio of her and then we will crop our hair and smoke little cigarette together! haha!