Tuesday 20 January 2009

a new nerys

I've been watching the US inauguration coverage for hours, on the BBC and then online, is it possible for America to be more joyous?! They made a good choice though, so they deserve to be!


Those hours on the sofa let me finish up the new nerys, a corduroy/crochet/knit bag.


The bag is mostly fabric, the knitted and crochet bits aren't really structural, just decorative, so she's quite sturdy. I didn't sew that pocket either, just cut around it and appliqued the whole thing on a bit messily. This is a keeper!

3 comments:

Johanna said...

This is really nice! I want one! Actually I think I have some old cords lying around somewhere too...

amy said...

This is cute! I actually just got home from an inauguartion party. Champagne adn apple pie for everyone! I hope to post the pics of the bag I recently finished this week. I think you will approve!
How goes it with M&C sweater?

One More Stitch said...

Looks terrific! I had the same problem with knitted bags until I realised that the *support* part had to be sturdy. I also like the fact that you are re-cycling while creating. I am trying to get away from leather or plastic handbags so bags like this are a great idea.