Thursday 14 August 2008

Jemima...finished

Knit in navy blue rowan kid classic 'nightly', my first successful sweater! Its tricky to photo a dark wool, so let me describe it to you...



it's wonderfully soft and warm, fits perfectly, boxy - which I wasn't expecting, but light and slightly loose - an easy fit. The button placket is strong and neat, although I've permanently seamed it on both sides, and will add some purely decorative buttons later, as well as a rowan label in the back. It might have taken me an awfully long time, but its an easy pattern for a beginner. I used 5mm needles and aran weight wool to keep the weave drapey.





One shot of the back...



This is what I was looking at...the moon over the back of the Royal Crescent.

3 comments:

One More Stitch said...

Lovely work. The sweater looks so soft and cosy.

Great photo of Bath and the moon!

Teresa said...

It looks so comfy and cozy! Congratulations on your first sweater. It's so well done :) I love the pics, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing it! It looks great :)