Saturday 18 April 2009

this is an armchair




Do you ever have those days when you get it into your head to start some project or other and end up working on it till you drop with exhaustion late at night? Yesterday was one of those days. Somewhere between 10 cups of tea, and endless clips of old frasier episodes on youtube, I found myself making new slip-covers for my tatty old armchair out of a pair of curtains I found in Oxfam 6 months ago. The fabric was intended for my quilt, but was far too heavy. It's a sort of brocade fabric, I don't know exactly what material.

I was motivated to get on with it by watching Kirstie's homemade home, which I thought was quite a nice programme, despite the trashing it received in the Radio Times. I saw the look on Kirstie's face when she realized she'd successfully made something half-decent, and I can identify with that sense of achievement.


2 comments:

juicyknits said...

This is impressive. Well done!

Teresa said...

Oh yeah, I lol-ed when I read your post. I've done that a few too many times (oh, all the tea!)

The slip covers look fantastic. :)