Tuesday 28 July 2009

a finished quilt



I actually finished my quilt about a month ago, it took weeks to sew that binding on, and since then I've been waiting for a dry sunny day to photograph the quilt in the park. I've finally given up on that occuring on one of my days off, so here it is at last.




Its quite creased because I've been using it. Obviously its far from perfect, barely any straight sewing, as my mum pointed out! Its very soft though, and I managed to do the corners properly.

My favourite fabrics in the quilt are the pink roses on green, the stars on cream, the pink roses on white, and the white fabric with yellow images of 18th century country life...


5 comments:

Rima said...

This is just gorgeous. Wow.

keri said...

Beautiful! Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! The colours work beautifully.

A Homely Heroine said...

Thanks you guys, that's very sweet of you!

One More Stitch said...

What a lovely, lovely quilt. It just exudes summer and gentle sunlight. Great choice of prints and colours.

Happy to see it is being used, too. So many quilts are made and then folded up and put away.