Monday 17 November 2008

fabric painting and forgotten knitting

I'm ashamed of the dusty mirror in this photo, but am rather proud of my first serious attempts at fabric painting... I cut out a cabbage rose stencil late last night while watching Topgear, then made four different coloured prints on this old black t-shirt; navy blue, royal blue, silver and turquoise. Obviously my technique needs quite a bit of work, but it's so much fun!



I've recently made a list on my side-bar of all my finished knitting projects, and discovered that there are a few things I might have blogged about but didn't post photos of the finished objects. So here is the long-since finished hollow oak teacosy, and a tiny valentine's day heart made from scraps of red malabrigo for my HH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great projects - I love your little tea cosy especially, I have long been wanting to knit one but I don't have a proper tea pot yet, still on the search for one.

What's your fav kind of tea?

juicyknits said...

I also love your tea pot cosy! The cables are great.

Anonymous said...

I love the T-shirt- that's such a cool idea :)
And the tea cosy is adorable too!