Sunday 10 February 2008

WAG


I had a great weekend in Wales, rock climbing, abseiling, archery, lots of messing around and games, neatly finished off with some Topgear-style racing to the M4. As a new volunteery-type person with GirlGuiding Bath I was invited by some very nice people to a 'getting-to-know-you' trip in the Brecon Beacons. We stayed at the Black Mountains Lodge and did lots of silly, not-acting-our-age, fun stuff, like team challenges and twister.


Absolutely no knitting, the closest I got to craft was meeting a student at Bath Spa Uni doing creative arts. The twelve of us went in our own four cars, so my vw really went through the wringer, icing mornings, mountain roads, the lot, but oh those morning misty mountain views were so worth it! I wish I'd stopped and taken more photos. The best bit was climbing the 40ft rock pictured above and below, then abseiling down it, a real 'just do it' moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh that sounds like fun, what a great weekend! =)