The Queen's Speech is broadcast every year on Christmas Day at 3pm. Complete this history test:
1. The first royal broadcast was delivered live from Sandringham in 1932, by which monarch?
2. Which famous children's author composed the first christmas speech?
3. Why was 3pm chosen?
4. Which monarch delivered the speech in 1939?
5. Which actor played this monarch in the film 'The King's Speech'.
6. What year did the Queen make her first christmas broadcast, and in what year was it first broadcast on television?
7. In 1969 there was no broadcast, instead a written address was issued. Why?
8. How many takes does it usually take for the Queen to get her speech right?
9. In 1992 the Queen used the phrase 'annus horribilis'. What disasters had befallen the royal family that year?
10. What is the name of the radio dj who was sacked in 2009 for interrupting the broadcast with the comment 'Two words; bor-ring' and switching to a Wham! track.
And that is the end of the quiz.