Tuesday 26 August 2008

reading in bed

My favourite place to read is in bed, which I suppose is predictable but there it is. I have a funny soft spot for really excellent books that are quite thin in dimension, ie quick to read and you always want more. These are some that I've been reading lately...



A sequel to 'Love in A Cold Climate' and 'The Pursuit of Love', its all about grown up Fanny in Paris, and even has a few characters from 'The Blessing'. I can never remember how it ends.



A peculiar, amusing story set in flashbacks in 1945 with a dark ending.



A dashing tale of faraway lands, set in the 1950s I think, by my favourite author.

Read them, read them!

1 comment:

One More Stitch said...

Love your book choices. Have you read Pigeon Pie by Nancy Mitford? There is a delightful audio full text version brilliantly read by Rosalind Ayres.

I went on a Muriel Spark kick about ten years ago and read everything I could find by her. Time to do that again.

Have you read any Barbara Pym? There are knitterly bits in her books!